Contact: Gary Chinga Carrasco.
Research on biobased materials, from agroforestry resources, such as bioplastics and cellulose-reinforced biocomposites has been intensified during the last years.
Forestry resources offer a wide range of possibilities for high value-added biobased materials.
As part of PFIs strategy to face present and future societal and industrial demands, PFI has identified the area of biocomposites as one of four key areas of research. The PFI Biocomposite project was thus established and includes the following activities;
- Promote cellulose fibres/nanofibres as key-components in novel biocomposites
- Initiate and promote national and international projects focusing on bioplastic and biocomposites
- Establish cooperation with key national and international groups working with biobased materials
- Explore new processing technology for biocomposite production, e.g. 3D printing
- Disseminate information about biocomposites activities and initiatives
We invite R&D groups and industry stakeholders to take contact in order to explore possibilities for fruitful cooperation within these timely topics of research and development.